Sense of Smell Training Kit
Welcome to the Sense of Smell Training Kit™.
This kit is designed to assist you in regaining your sense of smell due to a post-viral infection, like COVID-19. It provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to do Scent Therapy at home. This also ships for free!
Why did we develop this?
Our Founder & CEO, Danielle Fleming has dedicated her career to studying the psychological effects that aromas can have on our moods and behaviors while applying this knowledge to the perfumery and consumer goods industry. When people lost some or all of their sense of smell after a COVID-19 infection, they flocked to her for help. An entrepreneur by day, a researcher by night, she studied the literature, read the research, and developed The Sense of Smell Training Kit™ to help those that need it.
Here's a great analogy. If you injured your leg, you would go to physical therapy and learn the steps to heal your leg. If you injured your sense of smell from post-viral infections, like COVID-19, you would do scent therapy to learn the steps to regain your sense of smell.
Ms. Fleming also used her background in psychology to enhance the kit with Scent Mantra cards to increase the connective pathways between smelling and olfactive recognition. “Your brain needs to learn how to smell again. In essence, you are retraining it by linking what you are smelling and how your brain recognizes and processes it."
Is the kit based on research?
Yes! In particular, the kit was developed based on the research of Professor Thomas Hummel of the Smell and Taste Clinic at the University of Dresen in Germany. In his 2009 study, he investigated whether repeated short-term exposure to odors over a twelve-week period would have any effect on the olfactory ability of a group of anosmia sufferers. He concluded that compared to baseline, training patients experienced an increase in their olfactory function. In contrast, olfactory function was unchanged in patients who did not perform olfactory training. These results indicate that structured, short‐term exposure to selected odors may increase olfactory sensitivity. You can find the related research articles HERE.
What is included in the kit?
The Sense of Smell Training Kit™ includes everything you need to retrain your brain to smell again.
- 4 Scent Jars
- Sense of Smell Training Booklet with 4 Scent Mantra Cards
- Sense of Smell Tracking Sheet
Want to learn more?
Noteology is proud to work together with great organizations around the globe that are dedicated to helping those with sense of smell loss.
- 10% of the proceeds will be donated to The Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia whose mission is to improve the health and well-being by advancing the scientific understanding of taste, smell, and related senses. We encourage you to visit monell.org for the latest research for what is happening in the world of taste and smell.
- We would also like to thank our friends at AbScent in England and Wales, a not-for-profit working to help people with smell disorders, for contributing to the creation of the Sense of Smell Training Kit. AbScent is a great resource for research and support in managing the devastating effects of smell loss. We encourage you to visit AbScent.org for more information and to join their Facebook Support Group for anosmia support.
- Both Monell and AbScent do not endorse this product or any other related products of Noteology.
Copyright 2021. All images/graphics/information/copy/methodology are exclusive to and property of NOTE Fragrances Inc./Noteology and may not be used without written permission. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.